Friday 2 August 2024

Road marking requests, Blackhall Colliery

A couple of weeks ago I asked the council’s highways section to reinstate the eroded road markings outside St Joseph’s RC Primary School before schools return after the summer holidays. I’ve now received confirmation that arrangements have been made for the markings to be repainted.

Over the past few weeks I’ve also requested additional line markings at a number of streets in Blackhall Colliery, including along Middle Street when the road safety scheme is installed (latest details here: https://robcrute-blackhall.blogspot.com/2024/07/trials-give-green-light-to-safety.html) and also at the junction of First Street and Middle Street following concerns expressed by several residents that visibility at that location is severely restricted by parked vehicles.

I’ll update on progress with those additional schemes as soon as I have more information from the service. In the meantime, if you have any similar concerns about traffic safety drop me a line at: rob.crute@durham.gov.uk and I’ll see what I can do to help.