I've also been told there are quite a few comments about this matter on social media, some of them sharing their alarm, but some speculating about what was behind this cowardly attack. For my part I've decided not to comment on social media at this stage, preferring instead to deal with the issue direct through the police and other agencies involved.
Since the weekend I've contacted the police and the safer communities team to express my concerns about this incident, and to ensure that a coordinated response is put in place. I've also asked which practical measures will be taken to reassure residents nearby and what the relevant agencies propose to do to reduce the likelihood of a repeat incident, particularly in the immediate area.
In response I'm told that the police are visiting residents nearby to assure them that everything is being done to apprehend the people responsible for the attack and also to offer help in securing their homes against any future incidents, however unlikely that might be. The main housing provider has also been contacted to help with any joint response. In particular I've been told that efforts are being made to install home safety equipment in the hope that this will both reassure residents in the immediate vicinity and also make residents' homes more secure.
My thanks go to the residents who took the time to contact me direct about this matter and to the people who have stepped up to help in the immediate aftermath. I'll make sure that your concerns are heard. I'll also continue to liaise with the agencies and organisations involved to make sure that our residents can once again feel safe in their own homes.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.