Sunday 28 July 2024

Quick response to make steps safe at Crimdon beach

Earlier this week I contacted the council’s coast and countryside team with a request they make the access steps to the beach at Crimdon safe. My request came after residents got in touch with me reporting a steep drop from the last step on the beach-side of the steps.

The coast and countryside team leader contacted me on Friday afternoon to confirm that the steps had now been made safe, and that further works for the middle steps along the sea front were in the pipeline as soon as the necessary materials became available.


I’ll update on progress with any remaining works as soon as I have more information from the service. In the meantime if you have any issues to report please get in touch with me at: rob.crute@durham.gov.uk and I’ll raise your concerns with the relevant authorities.