Thursday 17 November 2022

Parking issues at School Avenue and Park Avenue

I've written to the council this week to raise with them the concerns of a resident about parking in the back lane between Park Avenue and School Avenue in Blackhall Colliery. 

I’ve published my correspondence in full below, and I’ll update on progress as soon as I have a response from the council and other partner agencies:

The top of the back lane between School Avenue and Park Avenue

I’ve been contacted recently by a representative of a resident in Park Avenue concerned about problem parking in the back lane between Park Avenue and School Avenue in Blackhall Colliery.

It is reported that residents at Park Avenue and their families/visitors have concerns about the volume of traffic parking in the street which they report impacts on their ability to park their own vehicles.

I'm not sure what might be done to alleviate this problem so I would be grateful if you could forward this query to the relevant section(s) at DCC for their attention, and with a request that all options are considered in addressing residents' concerns about parking at this location.

The bottom of the back lane between Park Avenue and School Avenue