Sunday 22 July 2012

Labour Party Candidate Profile: Lynn Pounder

I would like to introduce myself to you, my name is Lynn Pounder and this is just a little bit about me.

I joined the Labour party 2 years ago,however I have been a trade union member for many years and alwayshad a keen interest in politics. I would like to outline some of the reasons why I would like to become a Labour Councillor. I believe passionately about our party's values of equality, tolerance, inclusion, solidarity and most importantly community. I would like to help the current and future Labour councillors continue toput these values into action.

I have put myself forward as a candidate as I feel I have the necessary qualities and skills, knowledge and ability to carry out this role effectively. I strongly believe I engage well, within the Blackhall community. I wasborn and brought up in the local area and have brought up my own familyin Blackhall.

I have worked in the Social Care sector for the past 21 years as well as volunteering with the local Probation Service, Gambling, Drug, Alcohol Addiction Services. I have campaigned in the community for many issues as well as campaigning nationally for Justice and Reform within the Prison - Probation and Inquest system. I have also worked on a community Regeneration project, which gave me great insight into many community issues.

My current and previous job roles have involved working with many vulnerable people who all too often have no voice in the community and I feel strongly that these voices should be heard. I would welcome the opportunity to become involved in the decision making process which affects the lives of the people in the local area and would be committed to improving the lives and meeting the aspirations of the residents.