Sunday 26 June 2022

Crimdon issues update

Last week I was contacted by residents reporting that paint had been splashed on the road and the pavement outside the southbound bus shelter at Sawmill Avenue. They also raised concerns about the bus shelter at the Lido Garage severely damaged by storms last November and also about damaged signage on the central reservation near the junction of the A1086 Coast Road and the entrance to the Parkdean holiday park.

I reported all issues to the relevant departments at county hall and I’ve now received updates on each of the issues.

The paint was removed from the road and pavement earlier this week, a demolition order has been placed to remove the bus shelter at the Lido Garage with replacement works scheduled to begin at the earliest opportunity and an order has been issued for new signage on the central reservation with a replacement to be installed as soon as it is received.

In addition to the issues raised above I’ve also asked the council if benches could be provided at both both shelters. I have yet to receives a definitive answer from the service but I’ll update on progress as soon as I have a response.