Tuesday 29 January 2013

Flooding update, Rodridge Hall, Hutton Henry

As promised by the highways engineers, investigatory works began last week to identify the cause of the constant flooding problems at Rodridge Hall, Hutton Henry (see post dated Thursday 17 January 2013 for further details).

However I've been told today that the works had to be cancelled because of heavy and persistent snowfall in the area last week. 

I am assured that engineers will attempt to begin work again this week - weather permitting - but I have been advised that investigatory works in this location will be a long, drawn out affair because the drains are in a very poor condition and are almost blocked completely by silt and other debris in some places.

I am determined that this long-term danger and inconvenience for residents in Hutton Henry and surrounding villages will be resolved and I will maintain contact with highways engineers to track progress.